Ayurveda is not just the science of curing diseases, but of
preventing them too by developing immunity and well-being. The
proper practice of Ayurveda ensures longevity through physical,
mental and spiritual well being. Ayurveda rejuvenation therapy known
as Panchakarma is the most effective way to alleviate stress and
combat functional impairments of the body. The course will give
participants a good understanding of the treatment principles of
Ayurveda and Panchakarma with the knowledge of how it purges the
body of toxins, restores the homeostatic balance and replenishes the
tissues with vitality.
Ayurveda treatment according to the individual treatment plan
developed for each guest is additional to the course.
Course contents: (Theory/ Visual aids/Demonstrations)
1. Introduction and history of Ayurveda.
2. Introduction to Panchakarma Sharira.
3. Panchamahabhoota and Agni
4. Kosta Sharira
5. Marma Sharira
6. Chakra Sharira
7. Treatment Principles of Ayurveda
8. Swastha Panchakarma
9. Introduction to Poorva Karma of Panchakarma.
11. Pharmacodynamics of Snehana.
12. Bahya Snehana
13. Murdha- thaila
14. Svedana and its Types.
15. Pharmacodynamics of Svedana.
16. Introduction to Pradhana Karma of Panchakarma
18. Pharmacodynamics of Vamana.
20. Pharmacodynamics of Virechana.
21. Different modes of Virechana with practical utility.
22. Basti and its Classifications.
23. Basti Yantra
24. Basti Procedure.
25. Pharmaco Dynamics of Basti.
27. Pharmaco Dynamics of Nasya.
28. Rakta Mokshana.
29. Practicality of Panchakarma therapy with reference to practice
in UK and Europe.
30. Discussions and Answers.
Course Duration: 30 Days
Course Venues and dates: Dates to be decided, venue GuruKula
Course Learning Hours: 5 hours Tutor & practical facilitated
(150 hours for 30 days)
Certification: Successful trainees will be awarded a
Certificate of participation jointly by the GuruKula and APA*.
Lecturers: Dr.S.G.Prasanna Aithal